Melbourne Central One Day Shopping Festival
Melbourne Darling’s Top 5 picks for the Melbourne Central One Day Shopping Festival:
- Treasure Hunt – If you’re super keen on getting the most out of the One Day Shopping Festival, and plan to get down to Melbourne Central early in the day, then make your first stop the Information Desk where the first 200 shoppers can receive a treasure hunt pack with discounts and goodies to help shoppers get the best buys of the day.
- Cotton On, Typo and Rubi Shoes – All offering 30% off. With that extra incentive, its time to finally snag one of Typo’s StagHeads I’ve had my eye on since they arrived in store a few months ago. Then its time to make my way to Rubi Shoes for what I think is the best buy for this summer’s footwear craze (no not jellies, the other footwear craze – clogs.) At $39.95, the Palm Springs Heel are already a steal, but at 30% off at the reduced price at $27.90 you simply cannot go wrong with buying a pair of these wooden clogs, and with a fantastic range of colours to choose from, these shoes should come with a warning: You may just find yourself buying more than one pair! )
- Valleygirl – Valleygirl is one store not be overlooked this Spring. Their feminine, playful and colourful new collection will put a spring in your step and their prices are fantastic, not to mention the 30% off they are offering for today!
- Witchery - No doubt the store that I believe has the best Spring fashion offering in Melbourne, Witchery has an abundance of wonderful pieces that hit the mark when it comes to soft, classic and neutral colours that are classic enough to see you through different seasons yet manage to add that small pinch of difference with the refined edginess and hint of futuristic fashion as seen in the asymettrical features, laser cuts and leather additions to their designs.
- Gorgeous Cosmetics – These gorgeous people know their fake eyelashes and lipliner! Their Scarlette lipliner is a favourite of mine, its long lasting, easy to use and the perfect colour that allows you to get away with using it for a variety of pink and red lipsticks. I’m taking up this opportunity to stock up on this fantastic lipliner with 40% off.
Check out Melbourne Darling’s top buys:
Rubi Shoes Palm Springs heel
-30% off = $27.97
Typo Cardboard Stag Head
-30% off = $20.97
Witchery Armour Bar Ring
-25% off = $22.46
Witchery Two Tone Dress
-25% off = $112.46
Valley Girl Singlet Top in Orange & Blue Style No. 241833
-30% off = $10.47
Valleygirl Pink Shirt Style No. 241991
-30% off = $13.97
Gorgeous Cosmetics Lipliner in Scarlette
-40% off = $15.00
The Melbourne Central One Day Shopping Festival is on September 4th, 2013. For more information and a listing of all offers and events, visit the Melbourne Central site.
The rumours were true! Following up from our last post on the speculated location of Australia’s first H&M store, it has now been confirmed that H&M will be taking up residency in Melbourne’s architectural heirloom – the GPO building. Uncertainty still remains surrounding exactly when the much anticipated store will be opening, with some reports stating before Christmas 2013, and others stating it will not be until 2014. But there is one thing that is certain, it is going to be one glorious store!
Enjoy this meme I specially created to mark the occasion:
(courtesy of memegenerator.net)
Calling all Gym Bunnys and Sweaty Bettys!
If your exercise wardrobe has had its own workout this winter, now is a great opportunity to stock up on all your favourite comfy yoga clothes and stylish exercise gear at the Lulumon Athletica‘s Warehouse Sale!
Where: Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre (Bay 1 &2), 2 Clarendon St, South Wharf, Melbourne.
When: Thursday, 5 September (10am – 6pm)
Friday, 6 September (10am – 8pm)
Saturday, 7 September (10am – 6pm)
Sunday, 8 September (10am – 5pm)
Lululemon Athletica Melbourne Warhouse Sale
See Lulumon Anthletica’s blog page for more details and keep updated by joining the event on Facebook here
Now theres a reason to give those shopping arms a workout!
Melbourne Darling xo
I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off the Muse of the Month feature on this new blog with a spotlight on another blogger - Sarah Wendell. I was luckily enough to be present at one of Sarah’s talks as a part of her visit to Melbourne for the Melbourne Writers Festival in late August and I was impressively inspired by her fun sense of humour and refreshingly kick-ass attitude. The way she spoke about her popular romance book review blog Smart Bitches Trashy Books just resonated with me in that I found it was a great example of personal achievement and how if you are truly passionate about something, with hardwork and persistence you can achieve great things! Sarah is Melbourne Darling’s Muse of the Month for September 2013 because of her contribution to blogging, her wonderfully entertaining writing style and her work in creating a wonderful online community for romance readers
I am not a romance reader at all, but I definitely don’t think you need to be in order to take something from the determined nature and passion that Sarah embodied in her talk. Additionally, I really loved the sense of community that Sarah spoke about in what she has created in her blog - a community for romance readers. It makes me want to look past my tendency to eye-roll at any book cover featuring a long haired, billowing white-shirted muscled specimens of masculinity and my ability to find the corniness in almost any romantic gesture written about on paper just to be able to join this awesome club of like-minded romance readers! So yes – I did still manage to find a great source of enjoyment on Sarah’s website without even having to pick up a Fabio covered novel, and if you don’t believe me you should definitely check out the following reviews of some amazingly awful romance novels, which I tempt you to read, these remance stories are so bad they are hilariously good which make for some very entertaining reviews:
- Hedging His Bets (The Were-hedgehog story)
- The Playboy Sheikh’s Virgin Stable Girl
For other great romance book reviews or some more entertaing reads, make sure to check out Sarah Wendel’s site Smart Bitches Trashy Books.
Melbourne Darling xo
(image source: http://sbsarah.com/bio/)